Thursday, April 4, 2013

Forget Gangnam Style...its Bee Style now!

So yesterday my son comes into the living room laughing and wiggling his little hiney on my leg...over and over and over. I asked him to stop and he says "I can't...I'm communicating with you! Bee's dance on each other to communicate, so that's what I'm doing!" I laughed like crazy and said "Well, I don't speak bee so what are you trying to communicate to me?" he simply says "I love you!" and flutters off. It was so cute...I absolutely could not stop laughing! Well, in honor of my little honey bee...tonight I baked a Honeylicous Honey Bee Coffee Cake and thought I'd share it with y'all! So here goes...

Ingredients:
      1      9oz package of white cake mix
                (this particular box was 15oz so I used a little over half)
         1     egg, room temp
               (I don't have time to wait on one to come to temp so I placed it in a                     cup of warm water)
1/2 cup     milk, room temp 
     4oz     cream cheese, softened (or in my case...zapped for 15 seconds)
 4 Tbsp     sugar
1/4 cup     honey
 2 Tbsp     butter, softened
 1/2 tsp     almond extract
1/4 cup     chopped almonds
 2 cups     crushed Honey Combs cereal (I let Morgan do the crushing ;) I put a bunch of cereal in a gallon freezer Ziploc...pushed all the air out...zipped it up...then turned her loose with a rolling pin while I prepared all of the other ingredients.

-Preheat oven to 350*F.
-Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan
-Beat cake mix, egg and milk for 2 minutes and pour into pan
-In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth
-Spoon cream cheese mixture onto cake batter and spread evenly


-In a large bowl whip together honey, butter and almond extract
-Add crushed cereal and almonds; mix well


-Sprinkle cereal mixture over batter & cream cheese in pan
-Bake for 25 min or until golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched


(optional: drizzle honey over top after baked)
*Best when served warm*  


This was delicious and I enjoyed it with a nice warm mug of coffee on this absolutely freezing "Spring" night!
I hope you try this out and enjoy it as much as I did...if you do...come back and tell me how it went :)

"But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people,"
                                                            -Leviticus 20:24
              

No comments:

Post a Comment